AISEES 2020 Summer Scholarship
American Institute for Southeast European Studies (AISEES) and the Balkan Heritage Foundation are pleased to announce a new scholarship for the Balkan Heritage Field School Season 2020. The 1800 EUR (approx 2000 USD) scholarship, generously provided by AISEES, will be used to fund the cost of attending a 2020 Balkan Heritage Field School project. (It has no cash value and will be awarded as a tuition reduction only.)
You can find a list of eligible field schools here.
- Age: 18-26
- US citizen or US permanent resident
- Must be enrolled in an accredited US college or university
- Field of study: Archaeology, conservation, history, cultural anthropology or other relevant fields. Preference is given to students with studies focused on Southeastern Europe or the Balkans.
- Must be accepted into one of the 3-4 week Balkan Heritage Foundation 2020 field schools prior to the deadline. Apply to a field school here.
To apply for the scholarship:
Send the following to AISEESorg@gmail.com and email@example.com
- A PDF with a 250-300 word motivation letter and your resume/CV. The motivation letter should consider: Why are you applying for the scholarship? What are your academic and professional goals related to archaeology and/or conservation? How would participating in a field school impact your educational and professional development? Do you have any specific interest in the Archaeology of SE Europe or the Balkans?
- A PDF with college transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation should be sent separately from your professors or academic supervisors
Deadline 10 April 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted – no exceptions. Winner will be notified by 15 April 2020.
The awardee shall attend at least 85% of field school activities and be ready to share their experience on a video recorded during the field school attended as well as to prepare a short (2-3 pages) report about their experience in the field school. The report shall be submitted to the AISEES in 4 weeks at the latest upon successful completion of the field school.
For more information, please contact us at: AISEESorg@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org