Donation Campaign: Support the Publication of “Preserving the Past, Looking to the Future”
The Balkan Heritage Foundation needs your help to print a bilingual catalog (English and Bulgarian) with finds from archaeological and conservation projects in Bulgaria implemented or supported by the Foundation through the Balkan Heritage Field School (2010-2019). The catalog titled “Preserving the past, looking to the future” includes artifacts discovered and conserved as a result of the projects listed below and showcased in a series of exhibitions in partnering museums.
- Archaeological survey and field school at the monastery complex on Djanavara Hill, Varna, in partnership with Varna Regional Museum of History
- Archaeological survey and field school at Tell Yunatsite, in partnership with the Regional History Museum Pazardzhik
- Archaeological surveys and field schools at the sites: the Neolithic settlement of Ilindentsi and the Bronze Age fortress of Bresto in partnership with the Regional History Museum Blagoevgrad
- Archaeological surveys and field schools at the sites: emporion Pistiros and the Roman Road Station Bona Mansio, in partnership with the Archaeological Museum “Prof. Mieczysław Domaradzki”, Septemvri
- Archaeological survey and field school on the island of St. Kirik, Sozopol, in partnership with the Municipal Cultural Institute “Museum Center” Sozopol
This publication is an extended version of the catalog published earlier this year.
The costs to create the digital edition are already covered, but the Foundation needs another 3500 EUR (app. 3900 USD) for the app. 200 page printed version. The proceeds from the sold catalogues will go towards funding the aforementioned Balkan Heritage Field School projects which were put on hold the past two years due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please help by contributing to this BHF project. To make a donation online, please go to https://www.bhfieldschool.org/support, select Balkan Heritage Fund as the designation and add Preserving catalog under Justification.
As a non-profit organization, the Balkan Heritage Foundation relies on donors like you to help us in our mission to support the protection, management and promotion of cultural heritage in Southeastern Europe.
Your contribution is vital to the success of our initiative! Give today! Every contribution counts!